Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pressing the Flesh


Love that saying 'Pressing the Flesh'! Used it to describe that I had the pleasure of meeting a number of our class in person. This was at MIT for a working lunch! Lovely food Vicki! Present were Oriel, Dana (he has 11 cats!), Mareena, Misha and Me and the guest of honor Bronwyn who we made work for her money by seeing her afterwards about our assignments. Nice to meet those who I feel I know.

I have made some general notes which I will write up and link in my next blog post once I have made sense of them.


By the way those involved in the discussion the other night that the plan should be 50% and the report 25% Bronwyn agrees. (Doesn't mean it will change now)

The reason for the potato picture is we are all getting to the stage that the fruits of our labour will be showing - ie survey results coming in. These are the fruits of my labour involving three grow bags. Harvested now so I can get the tomatoes in.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you too Katie,.... finally we met in person :-)
    Katie you have a great sense of humour and a wonderful personality :-)
    Yes that's right I have 11 cats and guess what Katie, I am allergic to cat's fur. I have hay fever and it gets horribly aggravated by cat's fur. That's why I keep my cats outside. They cause me a lot of troubles but I still love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's a wonderful meeting. At least I know a few faces that I met online. I think you are a good story teller Katie... a must have skill for a primary school teacher I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,Dana and Mareena.Know you all from previous modules,athough havent met you in person. Missed the opportunity this time :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie it was fab to meet you. Can you tell I'm a sixties gal? :) I really enjoyed meeting everyone and discussing your projects. Wouldn't it be great to do that right at the beginning - something special about face to face which web conferencing just does not capture.

    I am trying to figure out the reason it takes so long for people to get the planning part done. I think it is because you all have to look at what you are doing in practice and the areas which need evaluating. So to get the plan done you all have to engage in a Needs analysis without a plan. Now I have to come up with a structure to prompt people to look at the aspects of their work they need to evaluate....so they can create a plan. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete