Monday, December 13, 2010

Identify and rationalise eLearning guidelines


I must have missed this bit. I definitely read the work on it as I have used two of them for my assignment so I will rationalise them here as to why I used them. (actually just found a comment from Bronwyn on this in one of my blog posts - Oops!)

Identify and rationalise two eLearning guidelines which can be used to measure quality in your context.

TD11 Should staff use a team approach to develop the ICT skills they require, and to teach ICT applications confidently?

TO10 Is good eLearning practice available to staff in a way they can adopt and adapt in their own work?

I found the guideline layout with the cube interesting and spent a lot of time clicking the different options. When looking at these two within the context of my situation they were chosen as they allowed me (wearing my evaluator’s hat) to look at staff and best practise and then relate them to ICT (Information Communication Technology) which I teach part-time to some of the school. (as a footnote in my survey this came up about only part of the school having someone teaching ICT)

To explain further in my present situation as a part time teacher within a school that previously I was a senior teacher I have previously wore a number of hats but at present are more of an observer. I have a feeling that that ICT contract has not always worked as well for some when it came to ICT as other element took over (see the final report for more on this – will provide the virtual popcorn). I saw the team work and best practise definitely fitted the school’s need as not all staff has had the same experience over the three years – they had voiced this to me informally.

Interestingly as I have worked through my project from the plan to report stage collaboration and sustainability two areas also used within the guidelines featured in my work. So on reflection and revisiting the guidelines others could also have been used.

No comments:

Post a Comment