Monday, September 6, 2010

Preparation, preparation, preparation ...

I feel like someone in waiting as Lisa is going through ERO this week so in the nicest way I say 'not worth knowing'. I have shared with Lisa what I am looking at but have yet to hear what she is doing so will get another large sheet of paper out and scribble some more under the headings.

Below is the summary Bronwyn put on the blog for me this week so I will reply to it in red.

'Katie has formulated an excellent big evaluation question. It appears she will not only need to find out what sort of technologies/tools the teachers would like to use Some have already expressed their wishes but not sure how much thought have gone into them. Eg they want Skype but not sure why. To type or to speak which will also bring up the issue with sound cards not being in all computers.
, but also what they will need to use to keep up with educational trends this is an area of concern - sustainability will be an issue if certain key staff leave (I am at end of year - shhh!!),
and maybe later she can find out more about what is going to be relevant for students to use (getting staff to turn on computers and let the children use them is a major issue). I have suggested that a good starting point might be Derek Wenmouth's post - 100 Ways Google Can Make You a Better Educator. Some of you may know him - he critiques the latest strategies and technologies for the school sector. (Have looked at Derek's list and think that if I break it down so that teacher have to pick a limited list that they want to use) Katie has made a great start with the thinking for her part of the evaluation plan. Where will she head next?

Where will I head next? Yes large piece of paper would say a glass of wine but I behave myself during the week. Plan to look at Kevin's questions that he listed in a discussion and see how they will help my train of thought.
Kia Kaha people (Keep Strong)

1 comment:

  1. Katie this is a great way to address some of the key points I made in the summary. It looks odd in third person now though - like I am gossiping about you or something. :)

    ReplyDelete